Sunday 21 December 2014

Planning Ancillary: Mock up digipak









The front: I have used a medium close up of my artist as it is his debut album,  I want my target audience to understand who he his as a artist and a person by seeing his face on the middle of the album cover it will help them remember this.In addition to this I have used dark colours such as Grey/Black to show the audience that his genre is a dark tone with more serious meaning in his lyrics compared to pop digipaks where they use bright colours, my font is very big and above his head as within most digipak's which I have analysed ( Romy's students work and PARTYNEXTDOORS) use this. Lastly the colour of the font is also grey as a nod-on to his last name. 

The spine: For the spine I have included the artist logo which I made myself and the album name.

The back: I stuck with the same font as my album title as it adds to simplicity and makes it easier for my audience to read. Furthermore I have added my own creative twist by using a glow effect over the font,bar code and album label, this is something I used because I want the whole of my digipak to be appealing to my audience.With my track listing I decided to only have my artist use one featuring artist as I want the album to be about promoting my artist and showing his musical talents  by himself. Lastly I added a smoke effect feature to add to  the dark tone of my album.





1 comment:

  1. I love this mock up Korrie - it's looking great. One suggestion - can you use the same font for the track listing that you've used for the artist name? The font on the front is much stronger than the track listing font.

    ReplyDelete